Saturday 12 November 2022

Short Story: Relic

     Hello and welcome to this entry about a short story I wrote some years ago.


Relic made its publication debut back in 2015’s All Things Dark and Dangerous. It tells the story of a set of stones which rise to international fame after they are unearthed in an archaeological dig.





I seem to recall this was one that I more or less wrote in an afternoon. Archaeology fascinates me and I often wonder just how many things that we take as fact are in actuality completely wrong. This little story is based on some cobbles behind my house where I did indeed spill some white gloss paint after touching up some rusty paintwork on my car. As I stood there looking at the small, spindly trails of white, the thought did indeed pass through my head as to what an archaeologist might make of them, say in a thousand years or so. It didn’t take my overactive imagination long to turn this into a cataclysmic event.


Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advanced screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment