Monday 2 January 2023

A.S.Chambers - January Roundup

Greetings all and welcome to this monthly update!


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a very pleasant New Year. I spent most of December hibernating, wrapped up in numerous jumpers and blankets, somewhat resembling a human version of the Very Hungry Caterpillar, having consumed too many mince pies, a bucket-load of Christmas pud and a rather delicious Christmas cake.


Anyway, my bulbs are surprisingly already up in the garden so I guess that means I’d better get back at it, which means up at five a.m. sharp, armed with a strong pot of coffee and a lovely view of the birds feeding outside my study window. 


First up this year will be Out Of The Depths. This is my latest short story anthology and should see the light of day in late February, early March. It contains a number of stand-alones as well as a few tie-ins to the Spallucciverse which will support Sam’s eighth adventure, Lux Æterna (more on that in a bit). Look out for the Kickstarter announcements later this month. There will be some cracking rewards to entice readers old and new and all Seraph members of my Book Club will receive a signed copy as part of their membership as this is a new material book.


Second in line for publication is the second Macabre Collection. This will be a reprint omnibus of about twelve shorts from my fourth, fifth and sixth anthologies. 


Third will be the penultimate Bobby Normal book. Bobby Normal and the Fallen sees Bobby and Katy drawn even further into the world of intrigue and danger as they encounter not only the fallen angel Asherah but also a certain archangel now living as a hermit in the Divergent Lands. More on this later in the year…


Number four will be the second Sam Spallucci Omnibus. Like the first volume last year, it will be a large shiny hardback and will contain Dark Justice, Belligerent Bard, Troubled Souls and Bloodline. It will also be graced with a cover made from my own photography of Lancaster.


Number five will see something definitely for the fans! Child of Light is a novella centred around the mysterious lodger who lives with Sam Spallucci — the Twin called Alec. We will travel back a few months before the start of Casebook and journey through events in history as we unravel his relationship with the fallen seraph Lucifer. This novella will be published as a companion book to Sam Spallucci: Lux Æterna.


Talking of which…


Well, the big one of this year has to be Lux Æterna. Sam’s eighth adventure is currently on track for publication this Halloween. I am currently halfway through and absolutely loving it. There will be weird Wonderlands, zealous zombies, an argumentative archaeologist and a crying crucifix. I’m also contemplating developing a long-standing relationship with a certain little redhead, but we’ll have to wait and see on that one…


Phew! Well, it looks like I’ve got a lot to crack on with, so I’d better get to it.



Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advance screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment