Thursday 9 June 2022

Spalluccipedia - The Divergence


Hello there and welcome to this month’s dip into my Spalluccipedia, a growing encyclopaedia regarding the world of Sam Spallucci, Lancaster’s fictional investigator.


So, as constant readers of my books will be aware, the Divergence is the central theme of the universe that I’m creating. In short, it is an event caused by an individual that prevents Heaven and Earth from combining together. It leads to the rise of Kanor and the devastation of humanity by his army of clay golems known as constructs.

 





Now, that’s not to say that Kanor himself brings this catastrophic event about himself, although he certainly benefits from it. Indeed at the time of writing this blog, the instigator of the Divergence is yet to be revealed, but it has been suggested in the books that Sam himself is somewhere near the epicentre of it. As to who finally presses the big, red button, we shall have to wait and see…


I first came up with the idea of the Divergent Lands back when I was a teenager and I started to write vampire stories set in this post-apocalyptic wasteland. They were centred around a vampire known only as Claw and, indeed, he does crop up right at the end of Bobby Normal and the Virtuous Man. These original stories ended up on the back burner when I took the reins of Sam’s cases, but they were always there at the back of my mind, percolating away to form a very strong brew for the future. I think this is one of the reasons why I’ve really enjoyed writing the Bobby Normal series. They’ve let me start teasing out what it’s going to be like for the future of my universe.


The whole series will in fact reach its dramatic climax in the Divergent Lands when we see a final confrontation between the prophesied Virtuous Man and the “black dragon” Kanor. I’ve already got this more or less written out, but it will be about eight years from the time of writing this before it’s published. So, for now, sit back, enjoy the ride and see if you can work out who will bring about the destruction of humanity and why.


Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advance screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment