Saturday 22 April 2023

One Minute Writing Workshop - Speech-to-text

 Hello and welcome to this little one-minute writing workshop.


This month, I want to have a little chat about something that I use A LOT! Speech-to-text software. 





For me, this has to be one of the most useful gadgets on my phone. I don’t know about you, but I seem to get most of my ideas when I’m out and about, normally walking. As a result, it can be extremely fiddly to fish out my phone and start tapping away, especially if it’s somewhat nippy and I’m wearing gloves.


Speech-to-text makes this process of note-taking so much easier. I just tap the mike button and gabble away for the next few minutes.


Obviously, there can be drawbacks, the main one being its mis-spelling of proper nouns, but this encourages me to go through my notes at a later date, refresh my memory over what I jotted down and tweak my ideas.


If you haven't used this function on your phone, I suggest you give it a go.


Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advanced screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment