Tuesday 11 April 2023

Spalluccipedia: Justice

 Greetings and welcome to this monthly dive into characters, places and themes in the ever-expanding world of my paranormal investigator, Sam Spallucci.


This time around, I want to have a little chat about one of my favourite side characters: Justice the Vampire.






Way, way back in the dim distant past of 2011, when I was working on The Casebook of Sam Spallucci, I sat down and wrote in practically one sitting, the short vampire story High Moon. The premise was that an unnamed vampire wanders into a Wild West town and eliminates the corrupt sheriff who happened to be a construct, one of the big bad golems from my Spallucciverse. The short was heavily influenced by my love of the Dollars trilogy and, if you read the description of the taciturn vampire, you can see that his look is clearly influenced by the late, great Lee Van Cleef. 


Interestingly, I didn’t give the vampire a name at that time. It wasn’t until his second outing in First Hunt: Then that we discovered he was called Justice. In fact, my whole use of vampires was still in its infancy. However, it was his striking appearance in the town of Salem that made me want to do more with him. As a result, he developed into the role of the King of the Children of Cain with a deep and complex back history that would explode into Sam’s fourth outing, Dark Justice.


I hope you enjoy the little video about him. Please leave your thoughts and comments below.


Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advanced screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment