Saturday 13 May 2023

Short Story - Prodigy

 Hello and welcome to this month’s short story video.

This time around, it is the turn of Prodigy, one of the stories from 2015’s anthology All Things Dark and Dangerous (links for which you can find at www.aschambers.co.uk).





This is one of the many standalone shorts that I write whilst I’m working on my main body of Sam Spallucci stories. I love being able to just pop out something a bit different every now and again.


And, boy, is Prodigy different…


As many of my readers will know, I am quite a fan of Philip K Dick. I love his sharp, to-the-point style, which can from time to time create a feeling of detachment from the events in a story and a surreal flavour. One story which, for me, encapsulated this style was Nanny, a story about battling nanny robots. It was after I read this that my own Dick-style ideas started to bounce around. The one that came to fruition was Prodigy which took his style and laced it with a good splash of horror.


Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advanced screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment