Saturday 6 May 2023

Spalluccipedia: DCI Jitendra Patel

Greetings and welcome to this monthly dive into characters, places and themes in the ever-expanding world of my paranormal investigator, Sam Spallucci.


This time around, I want to have a little chat about one of the interesting side characters from the Spallucciverse: DCI Jitendra Patel.





Lancaster’s fictional DCI has been a bit of a labour of love for me. Introduced right at the beginning of Sam’s adventures in The Casebook of Sam Spallucci, I kept him happily bubbling away on the creative stove for six books, occasionally adding more spices and ingredients every time we met him. 


We quickly learnt that he was a straight-laced, organised neat freak who commanded respect and loyalty from the police officers that served under him. We then discovered that he was secretly pursuing his own research into the Bloodline of Abel after his encounter with hawking in Williamson Park. This eventually led to the tragically climactic events of Sam Spallucci: Bloodline.


Part of Jitendra’s role was to act as a foil for all the supernatural shenanigans in Sam’s life. To a certain extent, like Spliff, he was an anchor for Sam, giving him a certain amount of grounding in the mundane world. Like Spliff, this anchor was eventually cut loose and we shall have to see what effect this has on Sam in the later books.


I hope you enjoy the little video about him. Please leave your thoughts and comments below.


Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advanced screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment