Sunday 15 May 2022

Short Story - High Moon

      Hello and thank you for dropping by my blog today.

The video attached to this particular outing is of Yours Truly reading the short vampire story High Moon. This particular story has a very special place in my heart as it is the earliest of many shorts that I have written over the years. Back in 2011, I was working on The Casebook of Sam Spallucci and, one day, I felt like a bit of a break. I had recently been watching (for about the hundredth time) For A Few Dollars More, which still ranks as one of my favourite films, and I decided to sit down and whip out something similar but with, shall we say, teeth. High Moon was the result. 





Originally intended to be a stand-alone story of a Wild West vampire that was set in the past of Sam’s world, it was a story that stuck with me and I revisited it a year later when I started to play around with ideas for Sam’s fourth outing, Dark Justice. I realised that I had inadvertently created the titular character for Sam 4 in this story, even though I had, at the time of writing it, left him nameless. So, as Dark Justice started to percolate in my imagination, I created two more shorts (First Hunt - Then and Family) to act, with High Moon, as a trilogy prequel to the vampire novel surrounding the rogue vampire named Justice.


I hope you enjoy the story in all its glory here. If you want a hard copy for yourself you can find it in Oh Taste and See and my Children of Cain - A Vampire Omnibus. It is also available as a single short ebook story



Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advance screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment