Wednesday 9 March 2022

March Spalluccipedia: Dave Nichols the Vampire

      Welcome to this month’s little Spalluccipedia article. This month I want to have a chat about a character in my books who is very dear to my heart, the vampire Dave Nichols. 

Like all the Children of Cain, Dave is a very human vampire. He is only recently created after being hit by a car outside a comic convention in Lancaster and is still very much trying to find his way into this whole new supernatural existence.





At the time of writing this he has appeared in three short stories, The Casebook of Sam Spallucci and Sam Spallucci: Dark Justice. However, 2022 will be a big year for him as we see him come back for at least two more appearances. He will feature briefly in the short story Through The Eyes of a Child in my latest anthology If Ye Loathe Me and he, along with his vampiric colleagues, will return in Sam Spallucci: Fury of the Fallen. Not only that, but keep your eyes peeled in this summer’s release Bobby Normal and the Children of Cain. I don’t want to say too much about that one as spoilers that way lie…


Like I say in the video, he is very much a normal person based upon all the good things I see in normal people that I know. All too often in life we find ourselves thrown into situations where we are expected to sink or swim. I try to bring this feeling across with Dave as he navigates his way through his new life. It is noticeable that this parallels what I do with Sam, who has also had his life turned upside down by the supernatural but, whereas Sam is left adrift on his own, Dave has his family of vampires around him to guide and support him. It will be interesting to see how both men develop on their journey towards the Divergent Lands.


Just a quick apology for the quality of the video with this article. It was filmed in March 2020 a few days before I realised I had Covid and retired to bed for three weeks. Hence the quality is a touch grainy and I really do look like death, lol. 


Who's your favourite character in the Spallucciverse? Please leave a comment down below.



Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advance screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.


No comments:

Post a Comment