Tuesday 15 March 2022

March Story - 53, Bell Court


Welcome to this month’s short story. This month I have a video attached of Yours Truly reading  the horror story 53, Bell Court. 





This particular story is one of my early ones and is a story for which I still feel a lot of affection, mainly because it’s based on true events. When I was a teenager, I, like many others, had a paper round. In fact, I had numerous rounds for my local corner shop that was opposite my old primary school in Wellingborough. Now, if you ask me to describe most of the residences to which I delivered the Evening Telegraph, our local rag, I would not be able to tell you a thing. Not a jot. 


That is, except for one: 53, Bell Court.


The small block of flats was exactly as it is described in the story. There was that stale fusty smell, dead plants and even a flickering fluorescent light on a timer that never gave me long enough to get to the door and back before it clicked off, plunging me into the dark, awaiting a boney hand to come clamping down on my shoulder as I ran away. 


I think it’s safe to say that this daily dose of fright was one of the things that prompted me to start writing down ideas for horror stories. I originally penned this one when I was about fifteen. It’s evolved somewhat over the years, but still holds the same feeling of dread as it did back then.


I hope you enjoy it.




Don’t forget to visit my website www.aschambers.co.uk for more details about my books. 

You can subscribe to my newsletter here for up-to-date details regarding all my writing and appearances.

You can check out my Patreon Book Club for advance screenings of my videos and free books.


Take care and keep looking out for what lurks in the shadows…

A.S.Chambers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment